XLM Stellar Network

Stellar is a decentralized, hybrid blockchain that is fully open-source. It is infrastructure that exists to facilitate cross-asset transfers of value, including payments. With just one integration into the Stellar Network, you will join an open, global financial network where all actors – be they people, payment networks, or banks – have equal access & economic participation.

https://www.stellar.org

Sounds similar to Ripple, but more decentralized???

CaptainD

Administrator
Staff member
While reading through their website, I thought this was interesting:

Stellar.org operates as a non-stock nonprofit organization. Our mission is to connect people to low-cost financial services to fight poverty and maximize individual potential.

To that end, we don’t charge people or institutions for use of the Stellar network.

Stellar.org covers operational costs in several ways:

• 5% of the initial lumens are set aside for operational costs.
  • Stellar.org accepts tax-deductible donations from the public.
We received an initial infusion of funding from the payments startup Stripe. Our corporate donors include BlackRock, Google.org, and FastForward.
If Stripe gets behind it, maybe we'll see this coin take flight in 2018? It just took the #10 spot on CMC.

Last edited:
Stellar is a decentralized, hybrid blockchain that is fully open-source. It is infrastructure that exists to facilitate cross-asset transfers of value, including payments. With just one integration into the Stellar Network, you will join an open, global financial network where all actors – be they people, payment networks, or banks – have equal access & economic participation.

https://www.stellar.org

Sounds similar to Ripple, but more decentralized???
Are there any major differences between this and XRP?

While reading through their website, I thought this was interesting:

If Stripe gets behind it, maybe we'll see this coin take flight in 2018? It just took the #10 spot on CMC.
The point is multi-currency trading platform that will find shortest path to wished financial instrument in exchange of your financial instrument, instead of paying fees to traditional banking.

Interesting concept. With Stripe investing that gives it some solid cred.
Stellar is trying to be Ripple with the evil taken out, i.e. much better distribution, a democratic process with voting on the use of newly generated coins, and an emphasis on regular users and community projects (whereas Ripple's emphasis is firmly on integration with financial institutions like banks)

Well you can't really say that this is a scam. You are innocent until proven guilty, so goes with this.
Although I'm seeing the founder make a sell off after a certain time, the same as he did with ripple. Went ahead and signed up for an account. Connected with my FB page and received the 5,000 stellar reward bonus as advertised. So far so good.
nteresting. Turns out I was given 6,000 stellar to begin with. Shot 1,000 of them to yeswecode and as advertised received another 1,000 stellar back from StellarFoundation.

Boy I sure hope those stellars are clean :p