- LocalEtherWallet is a free, secure, open-source Online Ethereum Wallet linked with ShapeShift, and simple tool for generating Ether Wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the Ethereum blockchain.
P.S. LocalEtherWallet is not a web wallet. You don't have a login, and nothing ever gets saved to our servers. It is simply an interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
- LocalEtherWallet linked with ShapeShift platform, it means that you can easy exchange altcoins or blockchain tokens, input your receiving address, & send your funds. Fast crypto market exchanges, no fees, and a delightful process.
- LocalEtherWallet supports the following cryptocurrencies Ethereum (ETH), ETC, Tesnet, UBQ, EXP, MUSICOIN, RSK and all ERC-20 tokens (Ethereum standard tokens).
- Being able to have full control of your private keys and passwords means that you have real ownership of your digital coins. But, to have control of your passwords and private keys, you have to have your own wallet. This is what is amazing about LocalEtherWallet because it enables you to own your own wallet and manage your own passwords and private keys. Not many wallets are capable of providing such an incredible service.
- With LocalEtherWallet unlike most wallets, you do not create a wallet on the platform’s servers; instead, you create it on your computer. All your data is stored on your computer and not on an exchange. So you are responsible for safely backing up your wallet(s).
- When you generate a Ethereum wallet using LocalEtherWallet.com, a private key for that wallet is generated as well. You then need to store that private key by downloading the .JSON file where the private keys are stored. There is an encrypted (Keystore) and unencrypted version of the file. The encrypted version is decrypted using a password. Both the private key and the password are stored in the Keystore file.