A New Dog on the Block

joshjaks

Hey guys, just joined the forums today and thought I'd begin trying to learn what all the craze behind Crypto currency is about. I'm completely new to this, but some of you might know me from my hardware review work at Pureoverclock. AKA, The Hardware Hound. Anyways, Crypto currency is a very logical new step for a guy who owns tons of AMD hardware. Hope to learn a lot!

Welcome! I'm sure we could learn some hardware info from you and blend that with some crypto trading to make for some good investment ideas :cool:

joshjaks

Welcome! I'm sure we could learn some hardware info from you and blend that with some crypto trading to make for some good investment ideas :cool:
That sounds like a great idea. I looked into crypto a while back, but starting from scratch and using google takes a lot of time. Hardware? I've already built the knowledge base over the past decade so it's much easier to stay on top of it. :D

PureOC was the community that really helped boost me forward when I had questions and I'm really looking forward to being part of this one. I have some initial reading to do with Monero and when I get some time, hopefully this weekend, I think I'll try to start setting my 580s up for an initial experiment.

El Chorizo

Administrator
That sounds like a great idea. I looked into crypto a while back, but starting from scratch and using google takes a lot of time. Hardware? I've already built the knowledge base over the past decade so it's much easier to stay on top of it. :D

PureOC was the community that really helped boost me forward when I had questions and I'm really looking forward to being part of this one. I have some initial reading to do with Monero and when I get some time, hopefully this weekend, I think I'll try to start setting my 580s up for an initial experiment.
Mining Ethereum is a good idea with the AMD cards. Monero too I'm sure. Equihash works good with Nvidia cards.